Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Sunday 26 February 2012

Blackberry Wine - Bottle B2, 25th February 2012

I have discovered that my father still has the capacity to embarrass me. This is something that I thought had ended with my teenage years. For reasons that must remain obscure, he said, loudly and clearly "Mostly Fellatio" whilst we were sitting in Yorkshire Sculpture Park's café, next to a family with many children. I covered my face with my hands. Anyone would need a bottle of wine after that.

We spent the rest of the day in York. Quin goes back to Nebraska in less than three weeks and I think this is my last opportunity to see him before his return. The evening's activities consisted of alternately having intense conversations and looking at lists of 'Top 100' (or 'Top 200') books. I came away feeling rather less well-read than I had earlier in the day.

The wine, of course, was superb - better than the red wine we had drunk earlier in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment