Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Monday 2 December 2019

Damson Wine - First Bottle (4), 9th November 2019

This was the clear winner of 2019's wine party. It was a fruity red with a distinct damson taste and enjoyed by nearly everyone, getting on average a score of 4.125 out of 5. Pleasingly this was Claire's favourite of the night, which means that I may get a claim to some damsons from our (relatively new) damson tree next year.

Janet detected a citrus aftertaste and Mary thought it would go well with a white chocolate cheesecake (but, frankly, what wouldn't?).

I didn't score the wine this year but if I had I think this would have been my personal winner as well. I am now regretting having given a bottle away to Emma!


No comments:

Post a Comment