Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Thursday 4 July 2019

Rose Petal Wine 2015 - Seventeenth Bottle (B3), 21st-25th June 2019

Claire has something odd going on with her nose. She has become hyper-sensitive to perfume, to the extent that she can taste it when people are in the same room wearing scent. Her current medication advises her not to drink much. Therefore I had this bottle to myself - chosen because Claire is not rose petal's greatest fan. In fact, this wine has aged splendidly.

I watched 63-Up while drinking this bottle - and it is an amazing, important piece of television, charting the ordinary yet extraordinary lives of ordinary yet extraordinary people. It has been part of my life since I was 14 and I find it exceptionally moving. It is the story of Everyman.


The 7-Up series: participants at different ages

No comments:

Post a Comment