Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Wednesday 1 February 2017

Blackcurrant Wine - Ninth Bottle (C4), 27th January 2017

I only had a glass and a half from this bottle, but even that was a mistake. I had arranged to go for beers with Paul Pinder at 8:30. Having not seen him for 27 years, I was unsure about how well we would get on and how long I would be out. Five pints later, it was suddenly midnight and I was walking home in my best approximation of a straight line.

Seeing 27 years happen in an instant to a school-friend's face is a strange experience. Teenage acne replaced by greying hair and greater wisdom. It was an excellent, joyful night, but I am feeling it today. What was that about greater wisdom?



No comments:

Post a Comment