Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Sunday 14 February 2016

Prune & Parsnip Wine - First Bottle (A6), 7th-9th February 2016

This Prune & Parsnip is far paler than previous vintages. It is a golden yellow rather than burnt orange. Perhaps it is drier, but only subtly so. There is the usual sherry taste, and I am pleased with how this has come out.

I opened the bottle on Sunday, the day I started 2016's batch of this flavour. We had finished the remnants of Rose Petal left over from bottling three demijohns but scandalously wanted more wine. Only a glass each, mind. The rest was drunk tonight, Pancake Tuesday - which I celebrated by making Toad in the Hole. (The basic batter recipe is the same.)


If you want to see how I made this wine, you can look at the post before (which is 2016's version) or click here (which is how I actually made the bottle that you have just read about)

No comments:

Post a Comment