Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Wednesday 6 March 2013

Orange Wine - First Bottle (B2), 2nd-3rd March 2013

I chose this bottle to open on Saturday night because Sunday was my day for making orange wine, and I wanted to check that the reduced sugar in 2012's batch worked. It did. Claire said that if anything, this orange wine is still on the sweet side. I disagree; the dryness level is about right. There is a slight herby taste that reminds me of nettle wine, and I cannot explain this.

We opened the bottle after Music Club. Dire things had been expected by both of us: Claire, because she was playing and me, because I was listening, but in fact it was a good night. Ludlow and Teme went as well as Claire had hoped, and was more accessible than I had anticipated. All the other performers were good, it did not go on much past nine thirty, and I only dozed off three times.

*

Incidentally, if you want to read how I made this batch of orange wine, click here. It is my ninth most viewed post.

No comments:

Post a Comment