Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Monday 15 August 2011

Rhubarb - Bottle B6, 14th August 2011

I am sipping a mug of bush tea felling emotionally drained. I have just finished watching 'The Lives of Others', which is a fabulous, gripping, intelligent film which discusses the redemptive nature of art and still has time for a gut-punching ending. On the surface it is understated, but there is complexity below.

The only connection to rhubarb wine is that we happened to be drinking it at the time. Unlike the film, it is light and bubbly and slips down nicely without any thought. It really is the best Rhubarb wine I have ever made, but perhaps something darker with a more complicated palate would have been better suited to tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment