Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Wednesday 15 April 2020

Elderberry Wine 2017 - Sixth Bottle (C6), 15th March 2020

This elderberry wine is splendid. It has the depth of a proper red and was a perfect bottle to go with shepherd's pie. The day had been a quiet one; the most exciting event was going to Sainsburys and failing to buy either eggs or bread flour. We are in a time of panic-buying, fuelled by both traditional and social media. The supermarket felt like it was in a state of chaos and certain sections were bare. I did manage to buy some Herbs de Provence, though, so that's alright.

A photo I took on 15th March

2 comments:

  1. Super photograph. Is it a forget me not?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dave - Thanks very much! No, not a forget me not, though it looks very much like one (and we have hundreds in our garden). It is a Green Alkanet, and Wikipedia tells us about them here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentaglottis_sempervirens

      Delete