Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Wednesday 30 January 2013

Citrus Wine - Final Bottle (A1), 26th January 2013

Claire suggested that something citrussy would go well with the outrageously hot prawn curry she was making, so the final bottle of Citrus Wine was dusted off and opened. The curry was excellent and not quite at the heat levels promised. The wine was a good choice as it needs a dominant meal to counter its own strong taste.

Earlier in the day I had played in a concert with a new orchestra: the Elmet Sinfionetta: which included Nielsen's Second Symphony - an unfamiliar piece but one which deserves to be better known. It is both rousing and intense, and I felt like I was clinging on by my finger nails through much of it. Sight-reading in six flats does that.

In the evening after our meal Claire sat in bed reading Angela Thirkell whilst I watched Attack the Block - a low budget horror sci-fi comedy set in an inner London tower block. It was definitely a boys' film - Chris would love it - and I could not decide if it was bordering on racist. The hero was a mugger, the villain a drug-dealing gangster and both were black. But on the whole I have decided not. It would be wrong to make all black characters dull and saintly.

No comments:

Post a Comment