Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Friday 1 February 2013

Gooseberry Wine - Fifth Bottle (3), 27th January 2013

Gooseberry wine goes badly with galoptious chocolate mousse, but is otherwise a splendid bottle.

We had an unexpected invite to share a Sunday roast with Ros, John and Alex, collecting Julia in a taxi on the way. I wanted to take one of my good wines, so chose this, unsure what the roast would be. It turned out to be lamb, so I drank real red for that. However, there were another three courses, and gooseberry wine accompanies both cheese and Eve's pudding (which I had never heard of before) rather well. It was a lovely way to spend a Sunday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment