Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Monday 14 January 2013

Crab Apple Wine - Fourteenth Bottle (C6), 13th January 2013

It is probably a good thing that I had the opportunity to open this bottle. Had I left it much longer it would have detonated. As it was I ended up with a kitchen covered in a thin coating of crab apple wine and rather less in the bottle than was ideal. Drinking half the remainder was mostly worry-displacement therapy. There is still no news on Rachael and her baby, and she was in the early stages of labour on Friday night. I don't want to ring as I know I will be told when something happens, but my inner ghast insists on taunting me with the idea that it has all gone horribly wrong.

As extra laudanum, I watched While You Were Sleeping, a Sandra Bullock rom-com. That is an hour and thirty eight minutes I won't get back again.

*

It is now 24 hours since I wrote the above in my diary. Happily, the ghast was as wrong as can be. Rachael gave birth to Miles today - 14 January 2013 - a 1:08 p.m. It was a vastly long labour, but resulted in a 6 lb 12 oz baby and everyone concerned is doing well. I get to meet my new nephew on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment