Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Tuesday 1 January 2013

Elderberry Wine - Third Bottle (A3), 26th December 2012

I remember very little of this bottle, save that it was drunk and in my case (at least) this was not a sensible move. We were staying at Andrew's, and he and I had finished the best part of half a litre of whisky mixed with most of a bottle of clove & ginger wine, with only minimal help from Claire and Sooz. Once the elderberry wine was open (and in my defence, I think I only had a glass) (certainly no more than two) one of the Taylors suggested we watch Repo Man. I found it incomprehensible, but suspect this had as much to do with the booze as the film itself. Still, it had pictures flickering on the screen to look at, and was only 88 minutes long.

1 comment:

  1. Funnily enough, I had a go at watching Repo Man. All I can remember were some children on a beach and then a very imperious Chinese fellow and then a salesman type fellow telling him: 'Oh, I'm the best in the business...'. Then I awoke to see some people chasing each other and I felt an odd sensation on my chest and realised that I had fallen asleep still holding a glass of Advocaat. I spent some time saying: 'Oh, for crying out loud,' and then I noticed that somebody had shot someone, and by the time I had changed my clothes it was the credits. So glad you mentioned it was incomprehensible - I was going to give it another bash! Pish, I shall watch some old episodes of Star Trek again!

    ReplyDelete