Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Tuesday 8 January 2013

Prune & Parsnip Wine - First Bottle (B3), 6th January 2013

What a very good bottle of wine. It is an attractive golden colour, clear to the last glass and has a fabulous flavour (which resembles neither parsnip nor prune). I also suspect it is rather strong. On the basis of this bottle I shall make another double batch this year.

We drank this bottle after a lazy and thoroughly satisfying Sunday. Claire made eleven jars of marmalade and a fish pie. I made two loaves of bread and started my pineapple wine. Other than that we have enjoyed being able to stay in the house together, having an entirely ordinary weekend. After the social whirl that was Christmas this is a huge relief. Being idle and antisocial has much to recommend it.

*********************************************

If you want to see instructions on how I made this wine - click here. You will see that at the making stage, this did not promise great things.

No comments:

Post a Comment