Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Friday 18 January 2013

Orange Wine - Eleventh Bottle (B2), 17th January 2013

This bottle was compensation for not meeting Myles, my brand new nephew.

We had originally planned to travel to York on Friday, but the weather forecast suggested heavy snow. Tonight's prediction was 'white cloud', so I rang my mother at lunchtime to tell her to buy extra food. Which she did. And started cooking it. Whilst the snow arrived 24 hours early.

I rang to apologise for a change of plans: despite my American heritage I am English through and through. This partly manifests itself in panic at the first hint of snow. Mom was not best pleased - and in retrospect, we should have gone. But (and small consolation) the orange wine was particularly good, drunk to a fish curry, and I will make it again this March, in preference to Citrus.

No comments:

Post a Comment