Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Wednesday 2 May 2012

Bonfire Wine - Bottle 4, 24th April 2012

Rachel was particularly keen that I bring a bottle of Bonfire Wine to Spout Cottage. Whilst she enjoyed it, this wine proved remarkably unpopular with Ann and Duncan, and I suspect that Nick did not much like it either. He complained that it tasted too earthy - all the taste was at the back of the tongue - and that there was no similarity to real wine. I disagree. I enjoy its dryness and sparkle, and think it one of my best.

It accompanied moussaka, most of which I made, though Claire did the topping when it was clear I was sinking rapidly into a bad mood brought about by cooking.

The most notable part of today, however, was towards the end of our ten mile walk. After a field full of cows, we came to the inevitable muddy lane. Trying to do my best impression of Jesus walking across the Sea of Gallilee, I sank ankle deep in cowshit - much to the amusement of the resident farmer. I suspect my boots, trousers and jacket will never fully recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment