Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Friday 25 May 2012

Blackberry Wine - Bottle C2, 23rd-24th May 2012

Summer has arrived. After the wettest April and coldest May that I can remember, the last three days have been glorious. Each lunchtime Park Square has been covered in pasty solicitors, accountants and secretaries taking advantage of the sun. I can feel the happy, lazy mood that Leeds is exuding, and it is wonderful. The warmth has stayed late into the evening, and Claire and I drank our Thursday night ration of this bottle in the garden, marvelling about being outside so late in just a single layer of clothing, inspecting our nascent crops and making high pitched calls by blowing through grass trapped between our thumbs. This is how early summer should be, made all the better by blackberry wine.

NB - If you click on the link, you can see the building in which I work, and very nearly the window which I look from. It is the larger photo on the top right corner of the web page. My building is the one in the background - not the Italianate main one - and I am on the top floor, fourth or fifth (which you can't see) window from the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment