Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Sunday 20 May 2012

Redcurrant Wine - Bottle B1, 16th-17th May 2012

Claire and I returned from WYSO fired up about Scheherazade. It is a difficult piece and is just starting to sound good. Buoyed up, it seemed right to open a bottle. After rejecting all the nice flavours for being too good for a Wednesday, I opened the last bottle of Redcurrant 2010. And it was alright, though nothing more, with an overall taste of cherry lips.

I washed up and Claire made sandwiches, such is the exciting life we lead. But we did this companionably and each had an additional three-quarter glass beyond our ration.

On Thursday, when I returned from playing trios with Pat and Peter, the bottle stood empty on the counter, though I stole a few sips from Claire's glass. In full view of course. I don't think she minded.

No comments:

Post a Comment