Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Sunday 29 April 2012

Dandelion Wine - Bottle 5, 23rd April 2012

Tired and drunk. I am struggling to keep my eyes open, yet it is only twenty past ten.

This first bottle of Dandelion wine has had mixed reviews. The assembled company agree, on the whole, that it is drinkable, and that it improves the longer one drinks it. The wine has a herby taste and I think it is one of my more successful attempts at this flavour, though I suspect that it will remain a mid-week bottle.

Dandelion wine was our reward for an eleven mile walk round the most pituresque parts of the Peak District. Lots of limestone outcroppings but equally lots of rain. We have chosen a wet week to be on holiday, but at least have a cottage rather than a tent.

And now I must sleep. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment