Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Saturday 5 May 2012

Crab Apple Wine - Bottle A3, 28th April 2012

Sweet white wine, which this is, goes suprisingly well with mild vegetarian curry. I was expecting the flavours to clash, but they were all distinctive enough to hold their own. We had a carrot, cabbage and carroway seed curry (and with alliteration like that, how could it fail?), one made from new potatoes, tomatoes and coconut, and baby aubergines stuffed with minced peanuts and aubergine flesh. Then, after saying that I thought we shouldn't have a bottle after the alcohol-infused Derbyshire experience, I finished the bottle while watching episode one of The Bridge - another Scandanavian gruesome crime drama.

NB - Claire has pointed out that there were no carroway seeds in the first curry. They were mustard seeds instead. But that ruins the alliteration entirely, so I shall stick with the historically inaccurate version.

No comments:

Post a Comment