Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Wednesday, 9 May 2012

Rhubarb Wine - Bottle B6, 5th May 2012

Over the last couple of years rhubarb wine has been consistently good. I am pleased that this is no exception. The colour is a fabulous bronze and the wine has a definite fizz. If we ever get a spell of warm weather I suspect this will cause corks to pop. Its taste is dry and light but with enough body to make it interesting. I am due to start my Rhubarb 2012 tomorrow, and on the strength of this will definitely make a double batch.

I opened the bottle shortly after a bassoon quartet rehearsal in preparation for tomorrow's wedding. Four bassoons make a fabulous sound, and when the music is well-known (Teddy Bears' Picnic, Pink Panther, Liberty Bell) it is Very Silly Indeed.

Thomas stayed over for a meal of Lentil Farmer's Pie and flap jacks. He couldn't have the rhubarb pie because the pastry was made with lard.