Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Thursday 3 May 2012

Elderflower Wine - Bottle B4, 25th April 2012

I brought this bottle of wine with me to Spout Cottage, as I remembered Duncan enjoyed a bottle from a previous batch. And this wine proved popular with the assembled throng. It has aged well, having more body than I remember, and retaining the distinctive elderflower taste. One should drink it on a warm summer's day, yet today it has poured with rain - almost without let up. Much of the day I could see sheets of water blow their way across the fields. Despite this being a walking holiday, I have only ventured outside once. That was for about fifteen minutes, and even then I got wet. Otherwise I have stayed resolutely inside reading, doing crosswords and watching Life on Mars. As well as rather a lot of eating and drinking. Oh, and watching small birds flocking around the bird feeder. All manner of finches and tits as well as a random moorhen, whose feet would look better suited to a turkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment