Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Monday 25 July 2016

Rose Petal Wine - Second Bottle (B5), 16th July 2016

On Saturday afternoon I returned to the place I often visit in my dreams. Huntington School is 50 this year and to mark the occasion it threw its doors open to former pupils and staff. I went with Adi Lacy, who I have known since I was seven but not seen for 21 years. We bumped into many former teachers, including Dr Wragg, Miss Kitching and gorgeous Ms Draper. Many aspects of the place have not changed at all, if one ignores the new buildings.

The day finished with a bottle of rose petal wine - delicious, an excellent vintage - and Scrabble with Mom. I got two seven letter words and won convincingly.


Huntington School in 1966 - the cars have changed, the building has not



No comments:

Post a Comment