Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Wednesday 20 July 2016

Elderberry Wine - Seventh Bottle (B3), 15th July 2016

Bob and Judith have just returned from France, and wanted an overnight break on their journey from Portsmouth to Newcastle. Claire cooked an amazing array of vegetable curries and I opened a bottle of elderberry wine. It fizzed enthusiastically and was a good accompaniment to the food.

I have lent Bob my French bassoon and in return he has fixed our grandfather clock. This is not quite the blessing it sounds. At 3 a.m. I was still awake listening to the relentless tick of time passing.



NB - This is my 999th blog post. I'm not sure whether my 1000th should just be an ordinary one (rose petal, in case you are interested) or some sort of celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment