Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Thursday 28 July 2016

Rhubarb Wine - Eleventh Bottle (B3), 22nd July 2016

We have a frog! Probably two! Claire spotted a small frog in our pond a couple of nights ago, and has photographic evidence. Tonight, while taking a turn around the garden, glass of rhubarb wine in hand, I disturbed the irises and a large frog hopped out, looking non-plussed. Two frogs is hardly a plague, but it is a start.

This rhubarb wine has an inital and disconcerting taste of swiss cheese and I think this is new for this vintage. It is a taste, though, that became eeasier to ignore as we got further down the bottle. By the time we had spotted the frog, I thought this wine exquisite.

Photographic Evidence

No comments:

Post a Comment