Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Wednesday 27 May 2020

Elderberry Wine 2018 - First Bottle (A1), 29th April 2020

It is generally advised to read through all ingredients of a recipe before beginning to cook.

On Wednesday night, I was making a vegetarian moussaka a la Delia and all was going swimmingly until I got to the bit about adding several tablespoons of red wine. Ordinarily I would use real wine for cooking, but I don't think we have any, so I substituted elderberry instead. And once opened, it would be a shame not to finish the bottle.

This wine is an excellent elderberry - as dark and earthy as you would want. Claire thought that there was metal in its taste but I did not. And it worked well in the moussaka too, which turned out to be the best moussaka that I have done.

A photo of some gorse,
taken on 29th April
If you want to see how I made this wine, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment