Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Wednesday 24 July 2013

Blackcurrant Wine - First Bottle (1), 17th July 2013

This blackcurrant wine has a sharp, acidic, fruity taste. It is dry and light and tastes strongly of its base fruit. Claire thinks it is wonderful - an alcoholic Ribena - whereas I think it is merely very good.

Unusually we have drunk the whole bottle on a Wednesday night, but since the WYSO concert was on Saturday (a glorious experience, where we had an enthusiastic audience of 1,190 waving flags, dancing the can-can and drinking lots of bubbly) there has not been an orchestra to attend. Instead I have spent the evening cooking sausages and delighting in the fact that we get instant hot water now that we have had our ancient boiler replaced.

*

If you want to see how I made this wine, click here. I have recently been getting lots of people searching for 'black currant wine' and finding my blog. Welcome to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment