Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Monday 1 July 2013

Gooseberry & Elderflower - First Bottle (B6), 25th-26th June 2013

Claire's Facebook Status Update currently reads: "The new batch of gooseberry and elderflower wine has a peculiar delayed-action nastiness. It looks stunning (golden, crystal clear and sparkling) and tastes perfectly innocuous for the first ten seconds. Then the full sweaty, mousey nastiness grabs you by the back of the tongue and whirls your tonsils around". Eight people, including three of my cousins, have 'Liked' this. We managed to finish it, though today, the day after, I have had a constant headache. Still, only another eleven bottles to go.

*

If you want to read how I made this wine, click here. The 2011 batch was delicious. I don't know what happened!.

No comments:

Post a Comment