Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Sunday 14 July 2013

Crab Apple & Strawberry - Final Bottle (6), 6th July 2013

As is traditional for the hottest day of the year, I spent much of it driving along a motorway. We were on our way to see Catherine in Leamington Spa and by Sheffield I cracked in a moment of weakness. I turned the air conditioning on. This only improved things marginally and I spent the journey worrying that the heat and the constant vibration would cause my final bottle of Crab Apple & Stawberry to explode.

It survived the trip, but when I opened it later in the evening I covered Catherine's kitchen in pink wine. About a third of the bottle was lost. Still, as we had been drinking mojitos since five, this was possibly not a Bad Thing.

We had a lovely evening, sitting outside eating barbequed food, catching up with Catherine, who I have not seen for three years. When Britain does 'Summer', which happens rarely, it does it marvellously. Sitting outside on a warm evening is just a joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment