Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Wednesday 19 June 2013

Prune & Parsnip Wine - Sixth Bottle (B2), 10th-12th June 2013

This bottle has been strangely better than the last few of this flavour. It has a definite taste of sherry - a point made by Rosie who arrived on Tuesday and is staying to observe a Leeds school as part of her forthcoming 'Teach First' teacher training.

I sneaked a glass of this on Monday after Airedale, believing that it would be the only taste I would get. I had imagined that Claire and Rosie would finish the rest between them on Tuesday whilst I was out in Ilkley playing wind quintets. However, Rosie is far too polite and well behaved for that, and indeed she did not try any until Wednesday night, when we returned from WYSO. It was a good evening - the first movement of Beethoven's Fifth is starting to work. Then getting home and chatting to Rosie about the extended family was just lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment