Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Wednesday 26 September 2012

Rose Petal Wine - Third Bottle (4), 20th September 2012

We are at 3 The Alders, towards the end of a week's holiday. I brought this bottle with me as a New Flavour and Bob &  Judith were more impressed than I. They praised its taste and colour whereas I would only agree with them on the latter. It was an indifferent pink wine - but then I see that I thought the previous bottle was good. A puzzle.

Other than travelling to Newcastle, I spent most the day reading The Stranger's Child by Alan Hollinghurst, which is compulsive. It is one of those books where I have to slow down for fear of gobbling it up too soon and missing something vital. Beautifully written, cleverly structured and a ton of plot. Who could ask for anything more?

No comments:

Post a Comment