Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Tuesday, 4 September 2012

Blackberry Wine - Second Bottle (A3), 2nd September 2012

On paper, today should have been excellent, and many parts of it were. It was this year's first rehearsal for the Northern Wagner Orchestra - where we are doing Der Rosenkavalier, and then we had pizza, Delia's citrus pudding and the first episode of a new season of Doctor Who. What could possibly go wrong? The third bassoonist. I find it impossible to forgive him. This is the man who sacked me from his bassoon group several years ago. But I can play the instrument. Really quite well. So once he turned up (several hours late) I became tense and unhappy and ignored him as best I could.

A bottle of blackberry wine has helped matters - it is rather better than the last - as has the citrus pudding, the pizza and Doctor Who. It is good to have him back.