Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Monday 20 June 2011

Rhubarb - Bottle A4, 19th June 2011

We celebrated my 100th birthday with this bottle. More accurately, we combined Julia's 59th with my 41st, and it was a splendidly good evening. I could have cursed the wine by declaring 'This is the best batch of rhubarb I have made', but, in fact, that proved accurate. It is pink and fizzy and delicious.

Julia cooked a game casserole involving bought venison and roadkill pheasant, and Claire made 'Cloud Cake' which consisted of chocolate, Cointreau and no flour. Between the five of us we drank more bottles than is healthy for a Sunday night, including a fabulous bottle of Dandelion 1992. Nineteen years have been kind - it was a superior dessert wine.

We staggered home after eleven and marvelled that it was still light

No comments:

Post a Comment