Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Sunday 12 June 2011

Blackberry - Bottle D4, 12th June 2011

I think this is the best Blackberry I have ever made. Packed with fruit, the right level of sweetness, and the perfect accompaniment to quail. Yes, we had quail tonight - marinated in honey, oil, garlic and salt, and I cooked it. This, along with beet tops, new potatoes and roast asparagus made a Sunday night feast. We followed it up by watching Sabrina on DVD which was joyous. Audrey Hepburn has amazing star quality - fragile, ethereal looks but a glowing charisma. It was a lovely end to a housebound day where it feels like the rain never stopped and I struggled to write even twelve hundred words about Crab Apple wine for October's Home Farmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment