Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Monday 13 June 2011

Hawthorn Blossom - Bottle 4, 11th-13th June 2011

I am currently drinking the final glass of this whilst Claire locates and wraps my birthday presents in anticipation of tomorrow. She has told me not to get overly excited. Apparently the wrapping process will not take long.

I had most my share of this bottle after a concert in Killinghall Parish Church to celebrate its Flower Festival. Being polite, I would describe the music as 'eclectic'. The wind quintet was at the High Brow end of the spectrum, and we played Gilbert & Sullivan. At the more 'rough and ready' extreme was a woman singing amplified gospel songs in a voice that would have made a fine bass in a choir which was not too fussy about tuning. In between were show tunes, Flanders & Swann and a comic sketch with two ladies doing their best Julie Walters impressions. Knocking back nearly half a bottle of Hawthorn Blossom afterwards was a suitable reward.

2 comments:

  1. Flanders & Swann!!! Following you back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was the Bind Weed - Honeysuckle song, which is one of their 'pathos' numbers. And thanks!

    ReplyDelete