Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Friday 17 June 2011

Gooseberry - Bottle A1, 17th June 2011

We very nearly had an exploder on our hands. I noticed on Wednesday that the cork in this bottle was making its bid for freedom, so into the fridge it went. And when Claire opened it tonight there was a loud pop followed by a quiet scream. So, Gooseberry champagne it has been.

There have been two things to celebrate. Firstly, I received confirmation by e-mail that I have tickets for the Olympics next year. I'm not absolutely certain what yet, but I think it is day-time athletics. The second celebration is that I have been brought, with great reluctance it has to be said, into the late twentieth century. Work has supplied me with my first ever mobile phone. I have spent much of the day taking accidental photos and getting the hang of texting. I might even use it to make phone calls one of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment