Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Sunday 26 June 2011

Crab Apple - Bottle A6, 24th & 25th June 2011

I am finishing this bottle after a day spent mostly playing the bassoon. Today was Airedale Symphony Orchestra's summer concert, and it was possibly the longest concert I have done - over three hours. It was certainly the one with the largest audience. We were playing in Leeds Town Hall in all its overdone Victorian splendour. It was like playing in a wedding cake. There were over 800 in the audience, and they enjoyed the experience more than I. We played Carmina Burana - which has its tedious moments - followed by a whole Proms programme. My ears are still ringing and I have yet to cool down, despite sitting shirtless for half an hour. The wine can only help.

No comments:

Post a Comment