Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Sunday 5 June 2011

Gooseberry - Bottle A3, 3rd-5th June 2011

One glass of Elderflower wine was definitely Not Enough for a Friday night - even though that one glass was remarkably full. So I opened this and we drank it (or most of it) to salad-from-the-garden and fried chicken. Our salads have recently involved chive flowers - and these are a revelation. All pepper and onion. Colourful too.

Sunday night's glass was after a day of virtually non-stop winemaking (Elderflower and Spiced Beetroot) broken only by a confusing and massively disappointing episode of Doctor Who. I had my glass before playing nonets by Josef Rheinberger and George Onslow in Guiseley. Considerably more fortification would have been welcome.

Oh, I need to mention that this bottle of Gooseberry was good - better than either the previous two bottles. Perhaps Demijohn A has the edge over Demijohn B.

1 comment:

  1. Chive flowers, what an excellent idea! Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete