Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Sunday 5 April 2015

Rhubarb Wine - First Bottle (B5), 1st-2nd April 2015

What a splendid colour. This wine has that classic bronze pink of my very best rhubarb. The taste matches the tint. I have always liked rhubarb wine and this vintage does not disappoint. It has a full, dry flavour with a refreshing sharpness to it.

Claire opened the bottle on Wednesday, shortly before I went to a WYSO committee meeting - I had half a glass before I set off, and a fuller glass on my return. We finished the bottle tonight - Maundy Thursday - while discussing our impending move. The chain of buyers is complete, which means it is really going to happen. Probably. Gulp.

If you want to see how this wine was made, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment