Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Wednesday 15 April 2015

Crab Apple & Strawberry Wine - Final Bottle (6), 6th April 2015

This bottle was Easter's final hurrah. Easter Monday was a lovely day, full of sunshine and Spring. It was the first day of the year where I spent most of it wearing just one layer. It is a simple pleasure, and becomes mundane as the season progresses. But the first time it happens each year provides a sense of freedom and promise.

I opened the wine with a little persuasion from Claire - she has the week off, but Tuesday marked my return to work. Once opened, though, I was glad I had. It was a refreshing, fruity, thoroughly good bottle of wine with a slight fizz and a glorious colour.



No comments:

Post a Comment