Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Monday 14 July 2014

Blackcurrant & Red Gooseberry Wine - Final Bottle (6), 6th July 2014

I have found a new source of blackcurrants. Lindsay has a bush in her garden, and her neighbour has what appears to be a blackcurrant plantation. I was encouraged to come round and pick fruit, so took this final bottle of Blackcurrant & Gooseberry with me to aid the process.

I was merrily picking blackcurrants when I heard a shriek from the kitchen. The bottle had obviously exploded. Dylan, Lindsay's 7-year-old, told me not to worry as "Mum is always shrieking". Lindsay poured four glasses of wine - we were joined by Anthony and the neighbour (also called Claire) and all agreed how good it was. Claire (as in my wife) didn't have any because we had then to drive to Julia's to feed Soots. Knowing that blackcurrant is her favourite flavour, I fully appreciate the sacrifice that she made.

Lindsay, Dylan and Claire picking blackcurrants

No comments:

Post a Comment