Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Friday 21 September 2018

Zucchini Wine - First Bottle (5), 14th September 2018

I have a rule. I will not write up a bottle of wine until it is empty. I am breaking that rule. In front of me is a bottle of Zucchini Wine with only two small glasses having been taken from it. The remainder will not pass human lips (or any other species' come to that). It is foul. There is a hint of vomit to both its aroma and taste. Claire couldn't finish her glass. I manfully struggled on with mine, but only as a punishment for making the stuff in the first place. This is quite definitely the worst wine I have made for an age.

The Offending Bottle
If you want to see how I made this wine (just in case you feel like having a go, because, let's face it, why wouldn't you?) click here.

5 comments:

  1. Hilarious! I'm making a Zucchini wine now and every indication is that when finished it's going to be equally repellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you the best of luck. You are going to need it. Don't try pumpkin either! (If you feel so inclined, do let me know how it actually turns out. I'd be interested to hear).

      Ben

      Delete
    2. I made pumpkin wine and it turned out great but will not try this zuchinni thank you so much for helping out by trying it youself

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the laugh. Now, I’m off to find another use for all of our zucchini!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a very colorful representation! Hilarious. Thank you for manning up and giving it a try. I still may try it because I'm a kind-of-sewer and will give most things a try. I did find a different recipe with bananas in it, so maybe that will help. Good laugh.

    ReplyDelete