Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Thursday 8 June 2017

Elderberry Wine - Fourth Bottle (A3), 4th June 2017

Generally it is accepted that should one couple visit another with plans to spend the evening drinking, the visiting couple will bring a bottle of wine with them. Duncan & Rachel have obviously not read the same etiquette books that I have. They turned up empty-handed and this was the second of two bottles drunk. Lucky that we are very good friends!

This elderberry is fabulous - I think one of the best I have made. It is smooth, deep and semi-sweet. So far there is no secondary fermentation - and a flat red is better than a fizzy one. I shall try to make the bottles in this batch an occasional treat.


Obviously not found on Rachel and Duncan's book shelf



No comments:

Post a Comment