Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Tuesday 17 May 2016

Elderberry Wine - Fifth Bottle (A3), 6th May 2016

We drank this wine on our final day in Cornwall, to salmon blinis and French onion soup. Nick described the elderberry as being a quick burst of flavour in the middle of the tongue. I wondered if it was too young. One of these years I must hide six bottles from myself for 'later'.

The day was suitably sunny and lazy with a luxurious (and expensive) lunch in Port Isaac at Nathan Outlaw's Fish Kitchen. We were presented with small, beautiful dishes of fish, of which my favourite was pickled herring with red onion, orange and chervil dressing. Afterwards, Claire and I explored Padstow but did not have the time or inclination to visit the National Lobster Hatchery.


No comments:

Post a Comment