Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Wednesday 6 May 2015

Orange Wine - Final Bottle (B6), 26th-28th April 2015

I wasn't absolutely certain about opening this bottle. It was a Sunday night and between three of us (Claire, Rachel and me) we had already finished the Ginger and drunk an entire bottle of Crab Apple & Strawberry. But we were planning our Suffolk holiday and it seemed the right thing to do.

Rachel enjoyed the wine, and I'm not certain I have served her orange wine before - on the basis that it got slated at one of my wine parties. It has a sharp crispness that I think is excellent.

I didn't feel great on Monday, but I don't think the blame lies with the wine. It is more down to Martin, who struggled into work last week on two days when he was ill. Now I have an itchy throat and a muddled head. Two other colleagues look as if they may flake out too. At least orange wine tastes somewhat medicinal.



No comments:

Post a Comment