Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Sunday 8 April 2012

Citrus Wine - Bottle B5, 6th April 2012

I could not let Good Friday pass without a bottle of wine, and this year it was Citrus. I chose the bottle to go with a Vietnamese chicken salad (courtesy of Nigella) and a lemon meringue pie (courtesy of the Hairy Bikers), and it went well with both. The sharp citrus flavour contrasted with the first and matched the second, and both food and wine were tasty. However, Sooz, who arrived today for the Easter weekend and who has mostly given up booze for Lent, described the wine as "Not my favourite".

I have spent much of the day tidying in anticipation of Sooz's arrival. The house has been knee-deep in deritus for weeks and it has taken some cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment