Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Sunday, 15 April 2012

Crab Apple Wine - Bottle B4, 14th April 2012

I am of the opinion that this year's crab apple wine is too sweet. It is a pudding wine, which is not good when you have 18 (now 17) bottles of it. The apple flavour is pronounced, which is a bonus, and the sharpness offsets its sugar, but on the whole I think I preferred the 2010 vintage. I shall try to remember this for October, when I make it again.

Today's notable activity was a trip to the cinema. I have not been for two years, and the last movie Claire saw was 'The Curse of the Were-Rabbit' in Salt Lake City in (I think) 2005. We went to see 'Pirates - In an Adventure with Scientists', and very silly it was too. Perfect Saturday afternoon viewing, with a villanous Queen Victoria and glorious anachronisms aplenty.