Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Thursday 12 January 2017

Elderberry Wine - Second Bottle (B5), 1st January 2017

This is a fine vintage of elderberry wine. It is slightly sweeter than 2014's batch but maintains the complex elderberry taste. I shared it between Claire, Duncan, Rachel, Ruth and me in Cambridge - though it was not quite the first bottle of 2017 (that was a bottle of something sparkly). We had spent the day getting wet in Bury St Edmunds and settled down to watch the first in a new series of Sherlock. I was sufficiently sober (just) to follow the plot, and it was a grand way to begin 2017.


Bury St Edmunds in the rain

No comments:

Post a Comment