Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Wednesday 7 January 2015

Cherry Wine - Third Bottle (2), 31st December 2014

This was a splendid bottle of wine - one of the best I have made. I can't understand why it was different to the other two described elsewhere on this blog. There was more depth, a clearer cherry flavour and it was a whole, rounded taste. It was one of our New Year's Eve bottles and we spent this in Cambridge at Duncan's. The evening was lovely: full of food, laughter and alcohol. Between the five of us we got through four bottles plus an initial cocktail. It was certainly enough to stun me. Claire went to bed first, but she had the excuse of suffering from the initial stages of a cold (presumably donated by me). I followed soon after. Neither of us made the midnight chimes.



No comments:

Post a Comment