Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Wednesday 16 April 2014

Blackberry Wine - Thirteenth Bottle (D3), 5th April 2014

Much of this bottle was drunk in the dark. We are staying at the Nightingale Centre in Derbyshire and at 3:40, just before the Grand National, there was a power-cut. Lights did not come back on for nearly six hours, at which point there was a huge cheer. We managed to get in a whole knock-out table tennis tournament before the light failed entirely. The final was Matt (my father's sister's second son) versus Mike (my father's brother's elder daughter's husband), which Mike won (just). I made it through to the second round, but was beaten by Ben (my father's brother's younger daughter's elder son - aged 13).

When it got dark, we sat in the conservatory with tea-lights dotted around. As the Fire Warden, I was anxious they would set off the alarms and I would have to evacuate the building. Happily we stayed inside, drinking blackberry wine in the flickering gloom.


No comments:

Post a Comment