Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Wednesday 8 January 2014

Elderberry Wine - Fifth Bottle (B5), 31st December 2013

We have just returned from a lovely evening in York spent with the parents, Rachael and Myles. It being New Year's Eve, I took something fizzy. There were no explosions on the drive over, but the cork made a 'pop' on opening and pink foam gushed forth. This wine is dry, though not unbearably so, and I think having given it three months to mature has helped. Everyone liked it.

We presented Myles with his Christmas present - a (mostly) wooden 'My First Percussion Set', complete with xylophone, marracas, triangle and drum. Myles was entranced by the hanging chimes and seemed genuinely pleased (though it is difficult to tell with a one year old). It is the sort of present that is every new parent's worst nightmare, but Rachael had suggested it so I refuse to accept any blame!

No comments:

Post a Comment